Thank-you for your interest in WGHS!
We strive to maximise every learner’s potential so that they may serve society and experience personal fulfilment through the development of their unique talents and abilities. Together, we work to provide a safe and happy environment for learners to fulfil their academic, sporting and cultural aspirations whilst growing in confidence and maturity.
See below for our application process and requirements.
You can apply for your daughter to be admitted to study at WGHS by following the relevant link below.
Please note that you will need to submit scanned copies of the following documents with the application form:
- Unabridged birth certificate of your daughter/ward. If you do not have one, you must apply for it at the Department of Home Affairs, and submit a copy of the application receipt together with the abridged birth certificate. If your application is successful, you will have to present the unabridged birth certificate at the school before your daughter/ward begins her schooling here, as no learners may be enrolled without this document.
- Your daughter/ward’s year-end report from last year and her mid-year (June 2023) report.
- Proof of address: three FICA-verified documents not older than 3 months, such as rates/phone/utility bill, lease agreement (if applicable; can be up to 12 months old), bank confirmation letter, home insurance letter, vehicle finance agreement, official SARS correspondence.
- A photograph of your daughter/ward.
- Immunisation card.
- Identity documents of both parents/guardians (or passports, including Work permit/Visa/Refugee permit/Asylum seeker permit for parents who are not currently RSA citizens or permanent residents).
- Should either parent be deceased, a copy of the death certificate is required.
- Study permit/Visa/Refugee permit/Asylum seeker permit of your daughter/ward if she is not currently an RSA citizen or permanent resident.
- Your daughter/ward’s permanent residence permit if she is a permanent resident and has not yet applied for or received RSA citizenship (this is required by the Department of Basic Education).
- Financial clearance certificate from your daughter/ward’s current school – you can download a template HERE.
- School fee account statement from your daughter/ward’s current school.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries or concerns regarding the admissions process.