2024 Applications now Closed
BEFORE YOU BEGIN – Please take note of the following rules:
- The completion of the application form MUST be endorsed by both parents/legal guardians.
- For a girl to be eligible for admission to this school she must comply with the admissions criteria as determined by regulations in the South African Schools Act.
- Admission will not be processed unless all of the relevant documentation has been received by the School. For the purpose of this electronic application, scanned copies of documents will be accepted; the original documents along with certified copies must be presented at the School’s Admission office if the application is successful.
- If any facts reflected in this application form prove to be incorrect, the School reserves the right to reject the application, whether or not the application has been accepted. It is an offense to make a false statement about any item pertinent to this application, such as the age and identity of a pupil, place of residence, guardianship and previous academic achievement.
- By making this application for admission to the School, the prospective pupil and her parents accept that on such admission, the pupil will be bound by the Code of Conduct and Rules of the School throughout the pupil’s stay at the School.
- Closing date for applications: 31 July 2023
- Admission office will be open from Monday to Friday 08h00 to 14h00 on normal school days
You will need to have the following scanned documents ready to upload in this form – please do not proceed until you have the necessary documentation as you will not be able to submit the form. A working Gmail account will be needed to allow files to be uploaded to this form.
Scanned documents must be saved as PDF or image (jpg, png, tiff) files before they are uploaded. The email address provided below should be that of the person filling out the form. The School will use this email address when contacting you about this application.
- Unabridged birth certificate of your daughter/ward. If you do not have one, you must apply for it at the Department of Home Affairs, and submit a copy of the application receipt together with the abridged birth certificate. If your application is successful, you will have to present the unabridged birth certificate at the school before your daughter/ward begins her schooling here, as no learners may be enrolled without this document.
- Your daughter/ward’s year-end report from last year and her mid-year (June 2023) report.
- Proof of address: three FICA-verified documents not older than 3 months, such as rates/phone/utility bill, lease agreement (if applicable; can be up to 12 months old), bank confirmation letter, home insurance letter, vehicle finance agreement, official SARS correspondence.
- A photograph of your daughter/ward.
- Immunisation card.
- Identity documents of both parents/guardians (or passports, including Work permit/Visa/Refugee permit/Asylum seeker permit for parents who are not currently RSA citizens or permanent residents).
- Should either parent be deceased, a copy of the death certificate is required.
- Study permit/Visa/Refugee permit/Asylum seeker permit of your daughter/ward if she is not currently an RSA citizen or permanent resident.
- Your daughter/ward’s permanent residence permit if she is a permanent resident and has not yet applied for or received RSA citizenship (this is required by the Department of Basic Education).
- Financial clearance certificate from your daughter/ward’s current school – you can download a template HERE.
- School fee account statement from your daughter/ward’s current school.
* Westville Girls’ High School does not offer boarding facilities or scholarships.